Makes 8 Servings
|325 mL||ground toasted almonds, ground coconut, candy sprinkles, or graham cracker crumbs||1 ⅓ cups|
|4||just-ripe bananas, peeled||4|
|125 mL||honey||½ cup|
- Spread toppings of choice on plate or plates.
- Cut each banana in half crosswise and insert popsicle stick into each cut end.
- Hold each banana half over plate or waxed paper to catch drips. Spoon about 15 mL (1 tablespoon) honey over banana; use back of spoon to smooth honey and rotate banana to coat all sides.
- Roll each banana in topping of choice until coated on all sides, pressing with fingertips to help topping adhere.
- Place banana pops on cookie sheet lined with waxed paper.
- Serve at once and enjoy.
Note: Honey is a safe and wholesome food for adults and children, but it should not be fed to infants less than a year old.
Recipe inspired by National Honey Board ©