Canadian Butter Cookies
Makes 36 cookies
|150 mL||butter or margarine, softened||⅔ cup|
|250 mL||granulated sugar||1 cup|
|125 mL||honey||½ cup|
|30 mL||milk||2 tbsp.|
|750 mL||flour||3 cups|
|5 mL||nutmeg||1 tsp.|
|15 mL||baking powder||3 tsp.|
- In medium bowl, beat butter with sugar, eggs and honey until well blended.
- Add milk and mix well.
- In separate bowl, mix together flour, nutmeg, baking powder and salt.
- Add dry ingredients to wet mixture and blend.
- Drop dough by spoonfuls onto greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 175 °C (350 °F) for 7 to 10 minutes or until cookies are golden brown.
- Remove from oven and allow cookies to cool 2 to 3 minutes before removing from baking sheet.
- Cool completely and enjoy.
Note: Honey is a safe and wholesome food for adults and children, but it should not be fed to infants less than a year old.