Chewey Honey Oatmeal Cookies
Makes 24 cookies
|125 mL||butter or margarine, softened||½ cup|
|125 mL||granulated sugar||½ cup|
|125 mL||honey||½ cup|
|5 mL||vanillas extract||1 tsp.|
|375 mL||quick-cooking rolled oats||1 ½ cup|
|250 mL||whole wheat flour||1 cup|
|1 mL||salt||¼ tsp.|
|5 mL||ground cinnamon||1 tsp.|
|2 mL||baking soda||½ tsp.|
|250 mL||raisins, chocolate, or butterscotch chips||1 cup|
- In medium bowl, beat butter with sugar until thoroughly blended.
- Blend in honey.
- Blend in egg and vanilla, mixing until smooth.
- In separate bowl, mix together oats, flour, salt, cinnamon and baking soda.
- Add dry ingredients to honey mixture and blend.
- Blend in raisins or chips.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 175 °C (350 °F) for 12 to 14 minutes or until cookies are golden brown.
- Remove from oven and allow cookies to cool 2 to 3 minutes before removing from baking sheet.
- Cool completely and enjoy.
Note: Honey is a safe and wholesome food for adults and children, but it should not be fed to infants less than a year old.
Recipe inspired by National Honey Board ©