Makes 4 servings
|750 mL||sliced or baby carrots||3 cups|
|60 mL||honey||¼ cup|
|30 mL||butter or margarine||2 tbsp.|
|30 mL||fresh parsley, chopped*||2 tbsp.|
|7 mL||mustard, optional||½ tsp.|
* Fresh parsley may be replaced by 10 mL (2 tsp.) of dried parsley flakes.
- Heat 5 cm (2 inches) of salted water in medium saucepan to a boil over high heat.
- Add carrots and return to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium high. Cover and cook for 8 to 12 minutes until carrots are crispy tender.
- Drain carrots; return to saucepan. Stir in honey, butter and parsley, plus mustard if desired.
- Cook and stir over low heat until carrots are glazed.
Note: Honey is a safe and wholesome food for adults and children, but it should not be fed to infants less than a year old.
Recipe inspired by National Honey Board ©