Honey Banana Bread
Makes 12 servings
|125 mL||honey||½ cup|
|75 mL||butter or margarine, softened||⅓ cup|
|5 mL||vanilla extract||1 tsp.|
|180 mL||whole wheat flour||¾ cup|
|125 mL||unbleached flour||½ cup|
|125 mL||rolled oats||½ cup|
|5 mL||baking powder||1 tsp.|
|5 mL||nutmeg||1 tsp.|
|2 mL||salt||½ tsp.|
|250 mL||ripe banana, mashed||1 cup|
|125 mL||walnuts, chopped, optional||½ cup|
- Cream honey and butter in large mixing bowl until fluffy.
- Beat in vanilla.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Combine dry ingredients. Add alternately with bananas, blending well.
- Stir in walnuts if desired.
- Spoon into greased 22x12.5x7.5 cm (9x5x3-inch) loaf pan.
- Bake at 160°C (325°F) for 50 to 55 minutes or until wooden pick inserted near centre of loaf comes out clean.
- Cool completely before slicing and enjoy.
Note: Honey is a safe and wholesome food for adults and children, but it should not be fed to infants less than a year old.
Recipe inspired by National Honey Board ©